St Luke's, Deptford was constructed between 1870 and 1872 and its parish created in 1873, also from land carved out of St Paul's parish. The parishes of St Luke's and St Nicholas with Christchurch were merged in 1976 to create a single parish known, as it still is, as St Nicholas and St Luke's Deptford
The St Luke's mission district was established by the Bishop of London's fund and the London Diocesan Home Mission of 1867, in the north - western portion of the parish of St Paul's Deptford. The foundation stone for the present building was laid on the 19th of July, 1870, by W. J. Evelyn, Esq., who had donated land for the church's construction. The completed building was consecrated by the Bishop of Rochester, on the 30th of July, 1872.
The parish of St Luke was legally sealed by H.M Order in Council on 26th June 1873.
In 1976 the parish of St Luke was merged with St Nicholas with Christchurch to create a single parish known, as it still is, as St Nicholas and St Luke Deptford