The parish began with St Nicholas Church.
The date of the first building is not known but we do know that there has been a church on the site for over 800 years.
Over time, as Deptford grew, new churches were built and the parish boundaries of St Nicholas amended to accommodate new buildings.
The congregation now worship as one church at St Nicholas
One of the churches built historically was Christchurch, Deptford which was constructed in 1864.
It was given its own parish, carved out of the lands of St Paul's Deptford in 1871.
Christchurch was united as a single parish with St Nicholas in 1936 from when the parish became known as St Nicholas with Christchurch, Deptford.
Christchurch was demolished in 1937.