The Parish of Christ Church, Deptford was created in 1871 from the parish of St Paul. The church was united with St Nichlas in 1936 to form the parish of St Nicholas with Christ Church. The church building was demolished in 1937 and housing now occupies the site.
Details of the early days of the church can be found in Nathan Dews book "The History of Deptford" first published in 1884 the relevant section of which is reproduced below
"The Ecclesiastical District Parish of Christ Church originated with a mission started by the Reverend J. P. Coutenay, in a room over the old saw pits, near the Tide Mill, in Church Street, in 1859.
The church, which is a handsome brick building, with stone facings, of Byzantine Gothic architecture, was consecrated on the 27th December, 1864, by the Bishop of London. The cost of the buildiong, inclding the site, was £7,000. The reredos is a stone representation of Leonardo da Vinci's famous picture of the last supper. The pulpit and reading desk are also of stone richly carved.
Attached to the church is a commodious iron School Room in Reginald Road, where much parochial work of a practical character is being carried on, including Provident Sick Clubs with 800 members; Mothers' Meetings; Blanket Club; Maternity Society; Parochial library and a Provident Dispensary."